Elder Abuse & Neglect
Dedicated Attorneys for New York & New Jersey
Elder abuse and neglect is a serious problem. Every year in the United
States, more than 500,000 elder abuse cases are reported. Authorities
believe that millions more are never brought to light.
Elder abuse and neglect is not narrowly defined, but can encompass any
of the following:
If you are suspicious that an elderly friend, neighbor, or family member
is suffering abuse, it is important that you take action to protect him
or her. Whether the perpetrator is a trusted family member, a long-term
care facility staff member, or a live-in caretaker, getting the victim
out of a dangerous situation is extremely important. Do not hesitate to
report the situation to the authorities.
Some common signs of elder abuse or neglect include:
- Tension between the senior and his or her caregiver
- Changes in personality or behavior including fear and acting withdrawn
- Physical injuries including bruising, cuts, broken bones, sprains, broken glasses
- Reluctance by the caregiver to let anyone speak privately to the senior
bedsores / ulcers
- Bad odors
- Lack of cleanliness, including dirty or bloody clothing
- Serious weight loss
- Drugged behavior, such as acting despondent or incoherent
More Than 100 Years of Combined Legal Experience
Our attorneys at
Morelli Law Firm have more than a century of combined experience in the area of personal
injury law, including nursing home abuse and neglect cases. Whether you
or your loved one was the victim of elder abuse, do not hesitate to get
in touch with a New York and New Jersey nursing home abuse lawyer from
our office. Morelli Law Firm is a committed, results-driven
law firm, and we are passionate about upholding our clients' rights.
schedule a consultation.